Day 9: Words of Wisdom | 30 Days Writing Challenge

By | Leave a Comment
Day 9: Post some words of wisdom that speak to you.

One sign of amateur is being impatient. Impatient for a rapid success, so that he underestimate the process. Impatient when he received failure, so that he gives up easily. Impatient when he received success, so he easily satisfied. True professional is a human who never stops to forge himself.  
- Sweta Kartika
This one was taken from one of Sweta Kartika’s posts. He’s Indonesian comic artist and also one of my favorite comic artists. His works are well-known in Indonesia. 


It’s a rough translation, so I put the original quote to avoid mistranslation.  
The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scene with everyone else’s highlight reel. – Steve Furtick

I get this one. I was there for once and sometimes it occurred again when I am feeling down, sometimes I’m in there when I start compare myself with others. However, there was one time when I had thought again like that, suddenly I got the answer in the next quote. This was what made me realize about things in life.

Funny thing, I found this by chance. And, this is what it said:

What is your attitude for people who have ability that higher or lower than you? In every aspects. Same. Everyone has their own struggle. 
I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying to be better than the person I was yesterday. – Unknown
I have a tendency to be competitive, but I realize one day that competition is not about everything. Competition is good, as long it is healthy, it can unleash creativity, hidden talents that we had, improve our skills and getting motivation to invoke our best efforts, but unhealthy competition can destroy everything.

In life I realize that everyone has different purpose and mine is also different. That’s why I am in competition with no one, but myself.  

Don’t think that someone else is more blessed than you are because actually you are blessed in different ways. – Michelle Amante
I stumble upon this post when I’m using Line. I saw this post on one of Line’s official accounts. I nodded upon this post and keep it on my mind since then.

“Sometimes what you’re looking for, comes when you’re not looking at all.” - Unknown

I don’t know where this quote came from, but it’s really spot on in my life. And, it happened to me more than twice, so I know for sure that this is one of the real deals. At least in my life.

Life is an echo. What you send out, comes back. What you sow, you reap. What you give, you get. What you see in others, exists in you. – Zig Ziglar
It is self-explanatory.

And, the last is:


“Live your life like a flow of water…” that was what dad always told me. That was one of his principles about life. There was a time when I had a big project on my mind, and I with enthusiast told my project to him. He listened, but he reminded me that to live with it first instead thinking about things too far. He’s a man of action. He never talked about his plans unless it’s necessary, he just does it and shows the result.  
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: